Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Quick Update/Down Day

So yesterday we were left with an oil and coolant leaking motorcycle. Got up this morning and went and took some tissues with me to check how fast it was leaking. Wiped everything away and gave it another half hour to see how much had come out then. Checked and there was nothing. Hmm, interesting.

I figured it would be best if I went back over to Jackson Hole Cycle and tell them what I saw yesterday. I was expecting a confrontation but instead was met with a very good attitude and "we'll make things right" approach. The mechanic took a look and didn't see any leaks and then told me he had sprayed down the engine case with brake contact cleaner to take the grime off. Which would explain why the drips looked black.

For now, I'll keep an eye on it and make sure nothing else shows up later down the road. As for the rest of today, well, it's raining cats & dogs here and to the north (where the parks are) it's snowing like crazy. If it slows down raining, I might walk up to town and check some shops out. But I plan on curling up with a book and just relaxing.

Oh, one last interesting tidbit. The forecast tomorrow is calling for 1 to 3 inches of snow and a high of 39. Sweet. Instead of the route I wanted to take tomorrow, it looks like I'll be heading south now. Casper, WY, here I come.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fret not, as there is still plenty of motorcycle adventure to be had in southern Wyoming.

On one of our first trips out there, we headed south from Jackson through the Wind River "Pass" to Riverton and then up through Thermopolis on the way to back Worland.

It was decent route plus the Hot Springs State Park in Thermopolis was rather nifty with its mineral deposits as well as the unexpected (at least to me) pools and waterslides fueled by the hot springs.

However, since you'll likely need to head both south and east, perhaps Flaming Gorge might even be an option to consider.

Unknown said...

Paul - keep in mind it's been over 100 degrees in Virginia for the last 5 days. What a vast difference, eh!?!