Saturday, June 14, 2008

Dragon Slayer

Last night's task was to find some food and ice cream. Well, I didn't exactly find any soft-serve ice cream, but I did find some ice cream...along with a fresh piece of apple pie.

Walked across the street and hooked myself up with a New York Strip steak, salad bar, a beer and some dessert. I was quite full by the time I got back to my room. Man, was it a filling dinner.

Earlier on, I washed my electric liner. It had a funk about it and I figured I wouldn't need it today so if it didn't dry I could throw it under the bungee net. To my pleasant surprise, it was nice and dry this morning and I threw it in the trunk just in case I needed it. A few miles down the road, I knew I wasn't going to need it and I packed it up (hopefully) for the last time.

Not too much to report on today's ride. It was super short (230 some miles) and the terrain kind of flattened out. I tried killing some time by heading up to a fossil bank but they wanted money for me to enter. I wasn't buying. But I did get off on a county road.




One thing to note; there were a ton of dragon flies out and about today. I think my last tally was something like 10 confirmed kills. There was a really bad one, where a tractor trailer coming the opposite way smacked one and launched it in my direction and then careened off my windshield. My helmet needs cleaned real bad.

As you can see, that's all the pictures from today. Wasn't much to look at along the way today. Sorry folks.

So here I am in Sioux City, Iowa awaiting to see if I can find my way east to Dubuque (due to flooding) and meet up with my dad who decided to come and meet me for the last few days home. Looks like we'll hook up there and strike off to Wisconsin the following day for a ferry ride across Lake Michigan.

Off to forage for food!

No comments: