Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Year On (++)

Well, look at that. Talk of motorized adventure in a far off land and updating the CSS of the style of the blog and no new posts forever. Things can most certainly change a whole lot in a year's worth of time.

As a bit of an update, the current plan of a New Zealand adventure in April of 2011 is probably not going to be a reality. Due to poor planning and a savings discipline that has not been adhered to; New Zealand is a bit more of a ways off right now.

However, there is a smaller adventure in the very near term. During this time last year, I had planned on jumping on a plane to Florence, Italy for a few days. Unfortunately work schedule would not allow me that luxury, but come a year later, the wanderlust took hold again. So now, with plane ticket in....inbox... and passport read, I am set to depart to Budapest, Hungary.

I know that seems like a pretty strange turn of events. Turns out I have a friend that lives in Budapest and was offered a place to stay and a hand getting around the city some. So I'll took up the offer and decided to throw myself out into the rest of the world. The step is being taken and the world is coming into view.

So, keep an eye out here on this space for pictures and my take on the city and people I'm about meet.

(Yeah, it might not be one-up in the sense of a motorcycle...but I got two legs instead of two wheels this time)

No comments: